Sunday, November 13, 2011

Venezuelans used intelligence operation to find missing catcher

About a week ago I heard the story that MLB catcher Wilson Ramos had been kidnapped in his hometown of Venezuela, and as I was viewing CNN I came across this story. According to authorities
"Ramos was rescued Friday night after a shootout between his suspected captors and rescuers in the mountainous region of Montalban, about 60 miles from the north central Venezuelan city where he was last seen."  
I was relieved to see that he had been found with no harm done to him. This story made me think about the role of stars in America and their relationship to their native countries. Especially in baseball where there are many players of Latin American descent, these players are not only heroes in their native land but are also the targets of gangsters and others seeking money.
Naturally Ramos was thankful to those who were involved in his rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment